Welcome to QO Athletics!
As we are going through the Fall Registration and Tryout Process, here is hopefully everything you need to know and the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions!
- Online Registration MUST be completed by a parent through the myMCPS Parent Portal, student accounts cannot be used to register. The portal is accessible at https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/home.html, if you need your parent password reset or the activation information, the parent can contact Jeffrey_L_Rabberman@mcpsmd.org and Colleen_M_Adams@mcpsmd.org to get this information or call the Athletics Office at 240-740-3595
- Full Details about how to register including step-by-step directions are available on our “Online Registration” page.
- Registration must be completed by Monday, August 6th to ensure that the registration can be processed in time for tryouts that begin on Wednesday, August 8th
- There will be an open house from 6-8pm on Monday, August 6th in the QO Media Center for parents to stop by and get information, access codes, and even use a computer to register.
- The system has been seeing a high volume of activity and can be slow at times, please be patient, but if you do experience an error, please check that you are using Chrome (it generally works better) and if problems continue take a screenshot/picture of the error message and email Mr. Rabberman and Mrs. Adams.
- Baseline Concussion Testing will take place in room 128 (1st floor Orange Hallway) during the following times. Sessions are first-come, first-serve and take generally 30 minutes to complete. Athletes should attend a session if they have an expired baseline date (they are good for 2 years) or if they have never been tested before.
- Monday, August 6th – 9am – 11:30am and 2pm – 5pm
- Thursday, August 9th – Noon – 2pm
- Friday, August 10th – Noon – 2pm
- Tryout Information and Coach Contact Information – we highly recommend contacting the coaches for your sport prior to the first day of tryouts to make sure that you have everything that you will need, that you understand what time you need to be there, how many sessions you will be having and what to expect.
|Cheerleading||8/8, 3:30pm in Main Gym at QOHS||Nakeya Fleming Nakeya_L_Fleming@mcpsmd.org
Sarah Pope firstname.lastname@example.org
|Cross Country||8/8, 9:00am on Track at QOHS||Seann Pelkey Seann_P_Pelkey@mcpsmd.org
Cross Country Information Online
|Field Hockey||8/8, 8:00am, QOHS FH Field (OF of Baseball)||Alicia Vincenty Alicia_M_Vincenty@mcpsmd.org
Carly Stefanelli Carlystefanelli@gmail.com
|Football||8/8, V 7:30am & JV 9:00am in Band Room at QOHS||John Kelley John_A_Kelley@mcpsmd.org
Mike Kowalick Michael_A_Kowalick@mcpsmd.org
|Coed Golf||8/13 at Poolesville, 1:00pm||Russell Doane – Russell_E_Doane@mcpsmd.org|
|Poms||8/11 10:00am in Aux Gym at QOHS||Kim Eagleson – Kimberly_Martin@mcpsmd.org|
|Boys Soccer||8/8 8:00am at Lakelands Park MS||Kevin Gnatiko Kevin_Gnatiko@mcpsmd.org
Nelson Vasquez Nelson.M.Vasquez@gmail.com
|Girls Soccer||8/11 8:00am in the Cougar Dome at QOHS||Peg Keiller Margaret_S_Keiller@mcpsmd.org
Anthony Tramontano Anthony_R_Tramontano@mcpsmd.org
|Girls Volleyball||8/10 9:00am in the Main Gym at QOHS||Allison Cable Allison_Cable@mcpsmd.org
Jacob Ricker email@example.com
- Important Dates:
- Fall Parent/Student Pre-Season Meeting – Tuesday, August 28th – 7pm in the QO Auditorium
- Team Pictures – Wednesday, August 29th – times will be announced by coaches
- First Day of School – Tuesday, September 4th