Introductory Letter for Spring 2020 Sports from Jeff Rabberman, Athletic Director, QOHS
Link to the myMCPS Parent Portal where the forms can be accessed in English and en Español.
Contact Information for all Coaches – the first official day tryouts may begin is Saturday, February 29th, but student-athletes should contact the coach for details about tryout locations and times as well as check the QOCougars.com main page or sports pages for announcements.
What You Need to Know
MCPS Athletics has launched online registration for the upcoming spring sports season through the myMCPS Parent Portal. The portal features registration for all high school interscholastic athletic teams. The myMCPS Parent Portal is a secure, user-friendly online registration platform designed to provide a convenient registration process for our students and parents/guardians.
Information for Registration
In order to register and access online registration, parents/guardians must have their login information to the myMCPS Parent Portal (which contains links to Athletics Registration in English and en Español). myMCPS login information was mailed home for all students at the beginning of each school year. You can contact Mr. Jeff Rabberman, Athletic Director, via email to Jeffrey_L_Rabberman@mcpsmd.org or Ms. Jennifer Nicholson, Media Specialist, via email to Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org to get your access ID and password. Parent/guardians can find support materials for the myMCPS Athletics Registration process using the links below:
- myMCPS Parent Portal Athletic Registration Directions (with Screenshots)
- myMCPS Parent Portal Athletic Registration Directions – Condensed
During registration, parents/guardians will need to enter or verify information about the student-athlete’s medical providers, health insurance, health history, immunizations, physical exams and medications. MCPS Form SR-8, Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation for Athletics must be completed prior to student participation in tryouts and practices. Parents/guardians can upload the electronic copy of the Physical – Clearance Form into the online registration system OR verify that they will provide a hard copy to the Athletic Director prior to the deadline for tryouts.
Registration for fall sports should be completed by February 27th, 2020 to ensure that student-athletes are ready for the first day of tryouts/practices on February 29th, 2020.
Quince Orchard will be hosting a open house in our Media Center for parents/guardians to come in and receive help/guidance in the online registration process, on Tuesday, February 25th from 6-8pm in the Media Center. Parents/guardians should come prepared with their login information and have reviewed the items below (also found in the Athletic Director’s letter) prior to attending a session to ensure that they can login and have the information they need to complete registration.
Registration Quick Tips
Step 1: Open the Athletic Registration Application through the myMCPS Parent Portal where you can access the information either in English or en Español
- Chrome is the recommended internet browser, the registration platform is now user friendly with a cell phone
Step 2: Review the instructions for completing Athletic Registration forms
- Step-by-step directions for completing the forms are available in a full version with screenshots or a condensed version, please note that the system is now Mobile Friendly so the screenshots will not match, but the information on each screen and directions are the same.
Step 3: Complete the Athletic Registration Forms
- You will be asked to either verify or enter the following information, make sure that you have it available or have discussed these items:
- Contact Information for the student’s Parent/Guardian
- Contact Information for an Emergency Contact for the student
- Doctor’s name and phone number
- Dentist’s name and phone number
- Health Insurance Information (type and Company name)
- Hospital Preference
- Physical Form (if the student has recently completed a physical)
- Tetanus Shot Date
- Allergy and Medication Information
- Health Conditions and Treatment Information
- Traumatic Brain Injury Information (including dates of injuries and results)
- Make sure that you have reviewed information available on the MCPS Athletics Website, you will have to attest that you have read and understood the following documents that can all be found on the MCPS Athletics Webpages.
- Athletic Participation Information (Parent Permission Form)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Concussion Awareness, and Baseline Testing Information
- Transportation Information
- Athletic Participation Contract including Residency Verification
- Additional Information is included for Football, Wrestling, and Track and Field (Pole Vault)
- Contact the student’s school to update demographic information in student-athletes record if incorrect information is displayed.
Step 4: Review and Submit Athletic Registration Forms
- Parent/guardians should print or save a Submission Confirmation page for their records.
- Student-athletes should submit a hard copy of the Physical Clearance Form to their respective coach or athletic director, if the form was not uploaded electronically during the online registration process.
Thank you in advance for your support in the registration process for MCPS Athletics at the myMCPS Portal. We look forward to another exciting season of MCPS and QO Athletics!